Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The misunderestimated President US

The misunderestimated  President US

If there is one thing the world treasures, it is George W Bush's way with words. And on his 65th birthday, here are some of the man's unforgettable 'Bushisms'!

0

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." - Washington D.C., 2008

1. I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace. --Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

2. Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

3. I have written a book. This will come as quite a shock to some. They didn't think I could read, much less write.

4. Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.

5. I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.

6. I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one. --after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, 2004

7. Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter. --in parting words to world leaders at his final G-8 Summit, punching the air and grinning widely as those present looked on in shock, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

8. The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him. --Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

In this image, the leader does not think twice before shaking a leg with some African dancers

1

9. I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority. --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

10. So what? -President Bush, responding to an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008

11. If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign.

12. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

13. You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that. --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

14. You helped our nation celebrate its bicentennial in 17 -- 1976. --to Queen Elizabeth, Washington, D.C., May 7, 2007

15. Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech! --to Pope Benedict after he spoke at the White House, Washington, D.C., April 15, 2008

16. I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman.

George Bush knocks chests with a recruit at an Air Force academy in this file image

17. A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.

18. I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here. --at the President's Economic Forum in Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

19. I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job. --to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

20. It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it!

21. I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging.
22. We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.

23. You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.

24. Now, there are some who would like to rewrite history - revisionist historians is what I like to call them.

December 2008: When Bush was 'shoe-ed' out of Iraq!

25. You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror. --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

26. The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th.

27. I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president. -as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

28. Do you have blacks, too? --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, 2001

29. This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.

30. It's going to be the year of the sharp elbow and the quick tongue.

31. I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake.-- on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, 2006

32. This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base.

"Our nation must come together to unite."

33. "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

34. Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere! --joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004

35. My answer is bring them on. --on Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

36. Our Nation must defend the sanctity of marriage.

37. Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called "walking."

38. You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.

39. For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it. --Philadelphia, 2001

40. Look, when you're the president, there's all kinds of things said about us. I mean, it's just the nature of the job.

Yes, it sure is impossible to forget George Walker Bush.

Source: India Syndicate

No comments:

Post a Comment